Sunday, March 23, 2014

Moving Log #1 - Climbing - Chattanooga, TN

I'm sitting sleepy eyed typing this out at this awesome hostel called The Crash Pad in Chattanooga, TN. It's quite a unique place with friendly characters and is within walking and biking distance from downtown Chattanooga. Most everyone stops here for some sort of outdoor activity. There's always chatter around  a campfire about climbing or mountain biking or this week there was a film festival. This trip was a detour, a bit of time to break from the monotony of packing and just go enjoy some time with Phillip and Corey climbing outdoors at the LRC and follow up by relaxing at the Tennessee Aquarium. 

This is the first bed I've slept in a week. It's a bunk in a shared room with twelve other people and it's the best sleep I've ever had. I sold my bed a week ago for this move. I sold what furniture I could and donated the rest to Habitat for HumanityI've stopped working in Charleston. I sold my 97' Toyota Camry and bought a brand new Subaru Outback. Theoretically I'm down to what can fit into my car, we're about to test that. But that's the plan, only keep what I can haul across the country in the Outback. The start, I think, is the hardest part of this move. Just determining how to go about things takes effort. The drive to Colorado, that's the straightforward part. 


Which is why I needed this detour. Nothing is really straightforward or predefined on how you should go about living your life. This trip was a reminder, not a farewell. It's been trips like these set a compass with what I wanted to be doing with my life. What I could be doing. Where I could be going. The premise for these trips have always been rather simple... find the things you love doing, gather as many friends together that would be interested, and take the party to locations you've never been to before. Never stop exploring. 

You get tired, you push harder. You get bored, you drive further.

1 Comment:

Sarah

I envy you guys that are just "Eff it - sell everything, load up my car and go." I'm all "Nooo...my things...." Not to mention I couldn't fit my husband, two dogs, and two cats all in one car anyway. Keep posting so I can live vicariously through you!!

Post a Comment

Christopher Robert Brasington. Powered by Blogger.